Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cilantro Experiment Update!

I am very pleased to report that not only did I hear back from the friendly people of the cilantro debacle/experiment, but I heard good news about the deliciousness of the meal and even received photos! Hurray! Christian, who appears to be the ringleader of a wily group of brothers, has approved my posting an excerpt of his email regarding the meal in question (and the photos).

"Jennifer, thought you would enjoy some pics of the cilantro experiment. In all honestly, it turned out really well, the meat was extremely moist and flavorful, and I think it may be a permanent addition to my repitoire. If you want the recipe, let me know and I will forward it along. Bob, by the way, is somewhat of a cooking disaster, but we love him nonetheless. He is only job that night (after giving an obligatory "what can I do to help" while swigging a coors light from the couch and noticing that many of us were sweating it out in the kitchen) was to finely dice the parsley. He was given specific instructions to not dice the cilantro (which, as you know, is much more potent) several times and he even orally confirmed to me that he was not dicing the cilantro whilst, in fact, he was dicing the cilantro. After applying the crust for the mandated time period (about 4 hours), it wasn't until I was making the guac that I noticed the herb mishap, and that point, it was too late to make another crust (well, that, and I was out of kosher salt).

Bob's punishment was to call you for advice, so, many thanks for your timely reply and for sound advice to move forward rather than abort.

All the best,
Christian"









Thanks guys!

No comments: