Friday, November 6, 2009

Alicia's Zucchini Pie

My friend Alicia has been a constant inspiration for the Emergency Food Hotline. She has invariably requested advice down to the most specific of steps and measurements (unsatisfied with generalities or un-verified amounts), as well as trusting me every step of the way. From the amount of time to soak black beans to dairy substitutions in macaroni & cheese, she has asked the Hotline for more advice than anyone else. Which is why I’m happy to post one of her updates, the first one with accompanying photographs! Hopefully, she will also send me the recipe she made this delectable pie from, and then we can all enjoy it as well. Here’s an excerpt of her email:

Dearest Jennie B.,

Attached are the pics of the zucchini and the pie. I sent all you of them so you could pick for yourself which ones you'd like on your bloggy blog. There are not a lot of pics of the actual pies because my battery died, and we ate them pies before we recharged the battery... heehe. hope they are ok; sorry it took a while to get them to you.

Also, not least of all, but most of all, I hope everything is super swell with you!

yours, etc,
alicia h.

Now, I’ve never made a zucchini pie before. I’ve made chocolate zucchini cupcakes, I’ve made squash tarts, onion pies, but never this! But the main issue was the ratio of cooked or raw zucchini to eggs, and whether there would be enough for two small pies. I was pretty sure that what she had begun was going to work out just fine, but we discussed the possible variables and made a few slight alterations (which I will note once I have the recipe). But for now, enjoy the pictures:



I want to eat this very soon!

No comments: