Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sweet & Salt, and Lou on Vine

Wouldn't this be good? Chocolate coated bacon wrapped with a candied orange peel. I know it's very popular (and has been for a while) to have the savory-sweet combos on the table, but I can't hide that I am still totally in love with it. It's always been my favorite. Now I just need an excuse to make new treats, and the time to get them done.

One thing I had recently that was pretty incredible and bacon-centric was at a little place on Vine called Lou, tucked away in a little strip mall, just south of Hollywood.


The curtains over the windows take transport you from normal strip mall aesthetic to cozy floral romance, and the hand drawn US map with markers for where the cheeses come from is excellent. Anyway, I had heard about a thing they have called Pig Candy and I was ready to try it out. I was pretty skeptical, but I was totally won over. It was like a danged piece of taffy! Salty, chewy, with a nice smoky aftertaste. I loved it.


I highly recommend trying it out - or simply trying out a few of the tasting glasses of wine since they are so reasonably priced and quite generously poured. I hope to head back soon.

No comments: